HOW TO CONTACT US
Our mailing address is:
Student Lap Tracker LLC
5729 Main St #340
Springfield, OR 97478
To contact us about privacy issues, please email:
USE OF STUDENT DATA
We collect, use, share, and retain student personal information only for purposes for which we were authorized by the school, teacher or the parent/student.
Student personal information we collect from schools includes the following: first name, last name (optional), student number (optional), grade, home room or P.E. section, and gender (optional). In addition, our equipment and program collects data on student lap run dates and times.
Specifically, this information is reports about physical activity by students and other participants in school Physical Education and physical activities. These reports are available to our customers (schools) and their user communities including school administrators, faculty, staff, students, parents and other individuals as designated by the school.
We share aggregate and anonymized information with partners, researchers and prospective customers. While this information is based on student data, it is aggregated and contains no personally identifiable information.
- We do NOT sell student personal information.
- We do NOT collect, maintain, use or share student personal information beyond that needed for authorized educational/school purposes, or as authorized by the parent/student.
- We do NOT build a personal profile of a student other than for supporting authorized educational/school purposes or as authorized by the parent/student.
SAFEGUARDING STUDENT DATA
We maintain comprehensive security on all of our systems to protect the security, privacy, confidentiality, and integrity of student personal information against risks – such as unauthorized access or use, or unintended or inappropriate disclosure – through the use of administrative, technological, and physical safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- All servers all use SSL Encryption.
- All access to student personal information requires a password-protected account authorized by the school.
- We do not provide any student personal information to vendors.
CALIFORNIA AB 1584 COMPLIANCE STATEMENTS
- Pupil records continue to be the property of and under the control of the school district.
- Student Lap Tracker does not contain any pupil-generated content.
- Student Lap Tracker does not use any information in the pupil record for any purpose other than those required or specifically permitted.
- A parent, legal guardian, or eligible pupil may review personally identifiable information in the pupil’s records and correct erroneous information by emailing email@example.com.
- Student Lap Tracker ensures the security and confidentiality of pupil records by following best practices for information security and confidentiality. All employees are trained to ensure they understand and follow this policy.
- In the event of an unauthorized disclosure of the pupil’s records, Student Lap Tracker will contact the district/LEA and school administration to notify the affected parent, legal guardian, or eligible pupil; will add a notification to users on its welcome page; will post notices to social media.
- Upon termination of service, Student Lap Tracker permanently removes all pupil personally identifiable information from its database and file systems.
- Student Lap Tracker and the district/LEA will jointly ensure compliance with the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act by adhering to this policy, following best practices and communicating with one another.
- Student Lap Tracker will never use personally identifiable information in pupil records to engage in targeted advertising.
We would allow a successor entity to maintain the student personal information, in the case of our merger or acquisition by another entity, provided the successor entity is subject to these same commitments for the previously collected student personal information.
We will NOT make material changes to this policy without first providing prominent notice to our schools and their user communities and allowing them choices before data is used in any manner inconsistent with terms they were initially provided; and not make material changes to other policies or practices governing the use of student personal information that are inconsistent with contractual requirements.
We may disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on our Web site.